A reliable grill is what you need for a perfect barbecue weekend. Among the many grill choices in the market, gas grills are the most popular because they offer a quick, reliable, and easy start compared to other grills. On top of that, it’s very versatile as the temperature is easy to control.
However, as much as gas grills offer great convenience, the quality is also something you should consider. After all, not all gas grills are built the same.
Weber Gas Grills are known for their top quality. The grills are always well-designed, the materials are high-quality, and the features are impressive. If you’re looking for quality, you’ll be looking among the options they offer first.
In this article, we’ll be reviewing one of their most popular gas grills that many people love – the Weber Genesis E-330 also known as the Weber Genesis II E-330.
1. Efficient and Durable Cook Box
The Weber Genesis II comes with a high-quality cast-aluminum cook box. This material makes it easier for the grill to reach desired temperatures quickly and maintains that stable and even temperature throughout the cooking duration.
What’s even better is that cast-aluminum is a high-quality material that can withstand even strong amounts of heat. So, you absolutely don’t have to worry about your cook box not lasting longer. This grill is very durable overall and is very easy to maintain.
2. Versatile Cooking Fuel
The Weber Genesis E-330 is more than just a gas grill. It’s very versatile and will not limit you to using liquid propane but natural gas as well. If you’re looking to save more money without the fear of running out of gas while in the middle of a cookout, this grill is perfect for you.
It already comes with a 10-feet flexible hose if you want to use the natural gas option. However, if you’re going to stick to propane, so it’s movable, that’s still okay.
3. Fuel Gauge and Built-In Thermometers
Should you choose the liquid propane option for fuel, you still don’t have to worry about running out of gas. Why? This is because the grill comes with a fuel gauge that will tell you exactly if you’re running low on gas. So, you’re certainly not on the blindside with this.
We also love the built-in thermometer feature on the lid that lets you know the temperature inside the cook box. This way, even if you don’t open the grill, you can still cook the meat perfectly. You also don’t have to worry about inaccurate readings as Weber made sure that they used a high-quality thermometer.
4. Front-Mounted Control Knobs
Weber Genesis II made sure that you have great control over the temperature of your grill. The three burners come with three control knobs located in front of the grill. It’s very easy to operate and gives you great versatility. You can set the temperatures low for grilling vegetables on one side and set the temperatures high for grilling meat on the other side.
5. Sear Booster
One of the three burners is a sear booster that provides around 10,000 BTUs of heat. This is located at the center and is designed mainly for searing meat. The temperature in this area is a lot higher and is perfect for making that beautiful sears on your meat.
6. Flavorizer Bars
The Weber Genesis II series, including the Weber Genesis E-330, are also known for their flavorizer bars that help increase the meat’s flavor.
You see, when you’re grilling meat, it’s natural that grease will fall from it. With most grills, there’s a water pan that catches all the grease for easy clean-up. But, Weber Genesis step-up their game by putting flavorizer bars in between to catch the grease. What’s the purpose?
When grease falls into the flavorizer bars, these bars will evaporate it back to the meat to increase its flavor. As for the unused grease, it’s redirected to the grease management system to ensure your safety.
7. Maximum Heat with Maximum Grilling Space
Of course, this grill has more than just the fancy outside features. Because on any grill, the heat and grilling space is important too, and this model certainly didn’t fail on that.
With three burners that give up to 32,000 BTUs of heat, you’ve got a powerful grilling system that can allow you to cook anything. The fact that the burners have individual control knobs helps with versatility.
The cooking space is big enough with its 507 square inches cooking area and 130 square inches warming rack. This way, you got two levels you can use to cook different kinds of meat and vegetables. The grill also provides a side burner if you need more cooking space
8. Spacious Interior
Aside from the ample cooking space, you’ll also appreciate the spacious interior right below the grill. When it comes to cooking, we need a lot of room to keep our condiments and tools within reach, and Weber is well-aware of that. There are also three hooks on the side where you can hang more of your cooking tools for added convenience.
9. Locking Wheels
Another great feature of this grill is its portability. With four wheels, you can easily move the grill wherever you want with great ease. But, what makes this even better is that the wheels provided can be locked. This way, you get to ensure that the grill doesn’t move around if the ground is uneven or if you leave it unattended.
10. Weber’s Gas Grilling Mechanism
Lastly, one thing that makes Weber one of the best grill manufacturers is its own gas grilling mechanism. Weber claim that they have perfected this in Genesis II E-330, and we find it hard not to agree with them.
When choosing a good grill, it’s essential to weigh the advantages (pros) and disadvantages (cons). Below, we enumerate the things we liked and didn’t like with the Weber Genesis E-330:
What We Liked
- Sturdy and solid construction: Weber indeed makes sure that everything they make is of high-quality and Weber Genesis E-330 is proof of that.The combination of the cast-aluminum cook box, stainless steel body and parts, and the dual-layer enameled steel lid makes this grill long-lasting. There’s also no doubt that it’s designed to withstand extremely high heat and unfavorable external conditions.
- Large cooking area: If you like throwing barbecue parties, a large grill is what you need. With a total cooking area of 669 square inches, you’re set-up to cook for 6-10 persons.
- Stainless steel burner and cooking grates: Aside from the overall construction, the burner and cooking grates are durable as well. On top of that, this material is easier to clean and maintain.
- Precise heat management: The Weber Genesis E-330 offers you great versatility and control in terms of temperature. The built-in thermometer gives you an accurate reading of the temperatures inside the cook box, and the control knobs allow you to adjust heat accordingly.On top of that, the three burners are independently controlled, so you can set the heat on one burner on low while the other burner on high.
- Sear burner: For those interested in perfect searing, the Weber Genesis E-330 comes with a sear burner that delivers extreme high heat.
- Even grilling and quick heating: The overall stainless steel construction allows you to grill meat fast and evenly.
What We Didn’t Like
- Hard to Assemble: Like many gas grills, the Weber Genesis E-330 can be hard to assemble. There are a lot of steps involved that might be hard to understand if you’re a beginner. It’s said that it will probably take 1-2 hours to finish setting up the grill.
- Propane Gas Hassle: Most users noted that using natural gas as fuel for this grill is easier than using propane gas. This is because continuously buying a propane gas tank every time you run out can be expensive, especially if you’re going to use this grill frequently.
Here’s a warranty breakdown for the Weber Genesis E-330:
- Stainless steel burner tubes: 10 years
- Cook Box and Lid Assembly: 10 years (2 years on the paint excluding any discoloration or fading)
- Cooking Grates And Stainless Steel Flavorizer Bars: 5 years
- Cast Iron Cooking Grates with Porcelain Enamelled: 5 years
- All Other Parts: 2 years
It’s also important to note that burn or rust will not be accepted for warranty.
Ease of Use
The Genesis E-330 is very simple and easy to use. All the features included here are well-thought-out and are placed in the right areas.
Take the control knobs, for example. It’s mounted right in front of the grill, where it’s convenient for you to turn and adjust. The built-in thermometer is mounted directly on the lid, so you can also get a reading quickly.
The start process is also quick and straightforward as it uses a push-start ignition that guarantees to work every time. All indicators and readings are very accurate, too.
And if you don’t want the hassle that the propane tank offers, then you can use the natural gas option for that.
Cleaning and Maintenance
Cleaning and maintaining is not hard at all. It’s very simple and straightforward because the materials used don’t allow grease to stick to them.
Burner tubes and cooking grates are easily cleaned by gently brushing with a steel brush. There’s a proper grease management system to ensure that there’s no mess after cooking. You can also simply wipe the grill’s exterior with a damp cloth every after use to prevent dirt build-up.
Weber Genesis E-330 is indeed one of the highest-quality grills in the market today. It’s well-designed, and the features were all given much thought. If you’re looking for a grill that is straightforward and versatile, this is for you.
Of course, it’s not a cheap grill. But it’s definitely worth the investment as this is a grill that can last for years.
The 10-year warranty gives you great assurance that you’ll be using this grill for ten years or more. If you’re a grilling fanatic and you love to grill for your family, this is worth buying.